Application open for Cash Grant Donation to 5 Lakhs Poor Families by Government of Nepal. Government of Nepal Ministry of Finance Singha Durbar, Kathmandu, Information on Cash Transfer to Extremely Poor Families Affected by Covid-19 Epidemic
Relief will be provided to 500,000 extremely poor families in the informal and unorganized sector who have lost employment and income opportunities due to the impact of COVID-19. In the current Fiscal Year 2078/79, Rs. The Government of Nepal has a program to provide cash grants at the rate of Rs. 10,000 (Axis Ten Thousand).
Covid Cash Grant Help Donation Application Beneficiaries eligible for cash relief
- Unorganized sector workers who have completely lost their previous employment and are unable to get another employment opportunity.
- Extremely impoverished businessmen selling goods on open roads, sidewalks or in the open field.
- Daily wage laborers, agricultural laborers, shepherds, farmers, wage laborers, rickshaw pullers, wheelbarrow laborers, public transport laborers, tourist porters,
- A family that is facing financial crisis due to the death of the main breadwinner of a household due to Kovid-19 infection and a family caring for a helpless minor who has lost a parent.
Families who are ineligible for cash relief fund Covid Cash Grant
- At the time of filing the application, any member of the household of the applicant is earning income by obtaining permanent, temporary or contract employment opportunity in government, private or any other association / institution or foreign employment,
- A family member receiving a pension or other social security allowance (Senior Citizen, Single Woman, Dalit or Disabled) from the Government of Nepal or a pension from the Government of Nepal or an organization wholly or majority owned by the Government of Nepal or from a foreign government.
- Immediate expenditure from accumulated income or ancestral property in a condition to meet the need,
- Families who have received cash once as relief for this purpose in accordance with the Prime Minister’s Employment Program or Government of Nepal, State Government or local level program.
Other information related to this is also available on the website of the Ministry of Finance, Government of Nepal, www.mof.gov.np and related local level websites.