German Development Cooperation– Vacancy Announcement for various posts and levels. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH seeks a Junior Technical Advisor with a focus on Healthcare Waste Management (HCWM) at hospitals to support the partners’ hospitals in implementing national HCWM Standards and Operating Procedures (SOP)-2020. The project Support to the Health Sector Strategy (S2HSS) works in close cooperation with the Ministry of Health and Population at federal level, Ministry of Social Development at selected province, selected local governments and hospitals.
Pogramme: Support to the Health Sector Strategy (S2HSS)
Position: Junior Technical Advisor – Healthcare Waste Management
Duty Station: Kathmandu with frequent travel to hospital sites
Duration: January – June 2022 with possibility of an extension
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is implementing its activities on behalf of the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Overall, S2HSS aims at improving the capacity of partner institutions in the areas of social health protection and health care management for the population and is focusing on 4 key result areas:
- Social Health Protection: Improving core processes of the Health Insurance Board (HIB) and the Social Security Fund (SSF),
- Subnational Health Management: Strengthening health management capacities of selected subnational governments and hospitals,
- Digital Health: Improving access to digital data and information for health sector management and
4) Reproductive Health: Institutionalization of selected approaches for the improvement of reproductive health services.
- The position holder shall work under S2HSS’s output “Sub-National Health Management” and in close cooperation with its partner organizations.